Apatite & Violet Jade Stainless Steel Pendulum
Purple Jade is so incredibly beautiful and it is that beauty that has been believed to stimulate the heart, especially after suffering through emotional pain. By inspiring those who work with the stone to embrace the good, while accepting and releasing the pain, Purple Jade can be a wonderful stone for those who need a little extra help moving on from past hurts. When hurtful memories surface, Purple Jade can be an excellent crystal companion, as it can remind you that you are worthy of a love free from pain and that you can begin to tap into that kind of beautiful relationship by fostering one with yourself.
Chakra Association: Heart, Crown
Zodiac Similarity: Cancer, Libra
Affirmation: “I am responsible for my own happiness and well-being".
Here's one version of a step-by-step guide on how to use a pendulum:
- 1. Set an Intention: Before you begin using the pendulum, it's helpful to set an intention. You can do this by silently or verbally stating your purpose, such as, "I intend to use this pendulum to receive clear and accurate answers." This is a great time to get connected to your spirit guides!
- - Examples of ways to connect with your higher self, guides, past loved ones: ‘May I please connect with my guides of the utmost love and light. May I commune with the wisdom of my higher self and any beings of light who wish to help me. May I speak to my loved ones across the veil (I usually speak to my Grandfather and my kitty Norbert, who have been some of my most present guides, for example).
- 2. Establish a Baseline: To begin, hold the pendulum steady with your dominant hand, allowing it to hang still. Observe its natural direction of movement (back and forth, side to side, or circular). This will serve as your baseline or "neutral" position. From here I usually establish which direction symbolizes yes and no, although they usually stay the same for me over time. This step should always happen after you connect with your guides.
- 3. Ask Yes-or-No Questions: Hold the pendulum over your open palm, allowing it to hang freely. To establish your pendulum's signals, start by asking simple questions that you already know the answers to. For example, you could ask, "Is my name [Your Name]?" Observe how the pendulum swings for "yes" and for "no." This will help you understand the signals your pendulum gives you.
- 4. Ask Your Questions: Once you're comfortable with the signals, you can start asking yes-or-no questions that you don't already know the answers to. Hold the pendulum steady and ask your question aloud or in your mind. Observe the pendulum's movement. Remember to stay relaxed and focused.
- 5. Interpreting the Responses: The pendulum's movement can be interpreted as follows:
- Back and forth (horizontal): Typically indicates "yes."
- Side to side (vertical): Typically indicates "no."
- Circular or diagonal movement: This can vary from person to person and may have personal meaning. Some interpret clockwise circles as "yes" and counterclockwise as "no."
- Sometimes you may notice that the pendulum shakes a little before choosing a direction…everyone has their own interpretation however for me it usually symbolizes a bit of an ‘ask again later’ kind of vibe or tells me that I need to get clearer with my question.
- There are maannny ways to interpret pendulums and many uses for them so best practice is to just get to know it and use it often to learn your own unique communication style.
- 6. Practice and Trust Your Intuition: Like any skill, using a pendulum takes practice. The more you use it, the better you'll become at interpreting its movements. It's important to trust your intuition and develop a rapport with your pendulum over time.
- 7. Cleanse and Recharge: Crystals and pendulums can absorb energy, so it's a good idea to cleanse and recharge your pendulum regularly.
Other ways to use Pendulums:
- Scan chakras to see which are open, closed, clogged, etc. Whether the pendulum moves clockwise or counterclockwise, side to side, shakes, makes big circles, or small, each holds insight into the stake of the chakra. You can do this on yourself or others. There’s a plethora of info on this if this piques your interest.
- Find lost objects. You can draw a map of the area you believe you’ve lost something and scan the map with your pendulum to locate where the object might be. The pendulum typically moves a lot over the area where the lost object can be found.
There’s a whole world of using pendulums out there, I recommend starting at a place that resonates with you. Personally, I have used my pendulum as a way to get some quick clarity about a situation, finding ways to ask the clearest ‘yes’ and ‘no’ questions I can to ensure that I really narrow down the crux of the situation. The mere act of doing this is helpful to our psychology so even if you are unsure if this divination business is actually ‘working’ or not doesn’t matter…it’s already grounding and clarifying just by the act of sitting very still and getting clear on what it is that you have questions about. Above all, learn to trust your ‘inner pendulum’ and use these and any other magical tools as just that, a tool that helps you to get to know yourself with more reverence, clarity, and love.