When worn as an amulet, Black Onyx has been known to help the wearer in their quest for protection, from bullies, from fears, from criticism (self or others), and is especially helpful when dealing with those who are manipulative. It is extremely protective and good at harnessing and absorbing aggressive and toxic energy, helping the wearer to focus on becoming more aligned as well as letting go of old traumas and pains. This being said, it is a good idea to work with this stone for concentrated periods of time while releasing, and then let it bathe in moonlight, sunlight, and smoke from sage, cedarwood, palo santo, etc, to clear the energies.
- Connects the body to belonging to the earth and family,putting down roots
- Boosts self-confidence and assertion while bringing reason to passion, and is an excellent stone to carry into conflict situations where a cool head is needed
- Stimulates intuitive powers
- Helps one to become the master of their own destiny and to keep one’s own counsel
- Can be called upon to banish grief and release pain from physical or emotional wounds, and to draw in happiness and good fortune
- Marvelous stone for wise decision-making and amplifying intuitive gifts
*Useful tips! -Rest an Onyx on a nightstand with the intent of protection against nightmares and fears associated with the dark
- Place an Onyx in the workplace to deflect others’ negative thoughts or criticism, and for effective defense against those who are manipulative or argumentative
*Did you know? Onyx is highly effective for magical work, such as scrying and, because it retains memories of its wearer, it is an excellent stone for psychometry, holding an object for a reading.Onyx is particularly empowering for those working to develop their telekinetic abilities. White Onyx can enhance spiritual vision and dream experiences, and facilitates connection with lunar energies
Zodiac Similarities: Leo
Chakra Associations: Root
Affirmation: “I now am guided by my spirit and not my traumas and fears”.